HEALING MATTERS offers you - personalised therapy whether it be for pure relaxation or remedial therapy.
Totana calls on over 25 years of healing skills and experience to provide you with professional and personal treatments in a relaxed, friendly and supportive environment using a holistic and multi disciplinary approach.
Having lived half her life in the Otago countryside and then the other half in the Christchurch environment Totana has continued to seek greater knowledge and understanding of life as it presents itself to her. After a background of office based work she attended the Canterbury College of Natural Medicine in 1995 to undertake a Certificate in Natural Health Studies. This has led on to a new path of working with people, healing herself and assisting others to heal themselves.
- Therapeutic Massage Diploma – Canterbury College of Natural Medicine
- Aromatherapy Diploma – Canterbury College of Natural Medicine
- Certificate in Natural Health Studies– Canterbury College of Natural Medicine
- Professional Member of Massage New Zealand - MNZ
- Professional Member of NZ Register of Holistic Aromatherapists - NZROHA
- Member of International Association of Healthcare Practitioners - IAHP
- To maintain professional registration for Massage and Aromatherapy Totana continues to attend approved training courses including the annual conferences held by same. This keeps her up to date with new techniques and research, and widens her skill basket on a range of therapies.
- Visceral Manipulation - Barral Inst, USA
- CranioSacral Therapy – The Upledger Institute, USA
- Body Mind Communication – Hermann Muller, Australia
OTHER INTERESTS AND STUDIES
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage, Traditional, and Universal Reflexology, Holistic Pulsing 1, Somato Emotional Release
- Homeobotanical Therapy, Psycho-Aromatherapy Reiki 3 Emotional Freedom Technique
A love of the outdoors, water, all animals, creatures great and small, and our bird life, 'DIY", native bush, the sea, healing work, housetruck, singing, laughing, helping people, healing my own Heart.